In Japanese, Rei (Universal Life)+ki (Energy) means healing using the hands, but not quite like a massage. Massage uses touch; Reiki uses the electromagnetic signature in the body.
During your session, the practitioner holds his or her hands over certain areas of the body and moves energy with his or her hands. Sometimes the practitioner uses light touch, as well.
We are all electromagnetic, and emit certain frequencies (much like beams of light or sound waves). Sometimes energy gets “blocked,” which contributes to illness, stress, and general malaise. Releasing the blockage can result in a variety of health and wellness benefits, listed below:
- Can help with anxiety, depression, and other mental illness
- Accelerates self-healing
- Helps promote relaxation and better sleep
- Can be used safely alongside other treatments, including treatments for cancer, epilepsy, diabetes, and others
- Supports the immune system
- Assists the body’s natural detox process
- Non-invasive, and can be safely used with wounds, burns, rashes, or other painful injuries that prevent massage or other touch therapies
- Clears the mind for greater focus
- Safe for pregnancy, children, babies, and even pets!
Come see me at A PEACEful Place to learn more about Reiki and try a session for yourself!